Monday 15 April 2013


















Rationale
As part of our final product we had the task of creating a horror movie poster, we created this using our findings from existing movie posters and also challenged the conventions to try and create a unique product.

Creating the film trailer poster

Firstly I took two images, one of the woodland setting used in our trailer and secondly one of my little sister holding the necklace which is the key point in our trailer. The reason I used the woodland is because it is quite an eery setting used throughout horror films/trailers and also looks effective as a background. The reason I used a childs hand holding the necklace is because the small hand makes the image creepier and links with the child audio in the trailer and also holding the necklace as that is the key feature that turns the character in the trailer possessed. 

I then took the image of the hand and photo shopped it so that the image was purely of the hand, this allowed me to be able to copy it as a new layer onto the woodland image. I then positioned the hand into a chosen area on the woodland picture and used effects such as the smudge tool and the colour filter tool to make the hand look like it is 'coming out of the ground' and paler to make it look more 'dead'. I then edited the brightness/contrast to make the picture look creepier and darker. 

Finally, I installed two fonts (SteelTongs and Sell your soul) to use throughout the trailer, these fonts will be used throughout all 3 of our media tasks. I used these fonts to add the title of the film, name of actors/actresses, film slogan and film credits on the bottom.

C

No comments:

Post a Comment